Google

Monday, December 18, 2006

Mr & Mrs Khandelwal...

Its strange that how much life changes after marriage... Since i knew DK much b4 marriage.. and was already taking care of most of the things.. i never thought i will also suddenly start feeling pressure of married life.. Its both positive and negative...

Some of the positive changes...
1) We suddenly started getting lot of lunch and dinner invitations from our married friends..
2) Lots of family get together..
3) Gals suddenly started feeling more safe with DK*( Just like in pyar ke side effects ;))
4) I got new fridge..new microwave.. for making my life easier..
5) My all expenses are officially taken care by DK (;0) poor he..)
6) I got lot of cosmetics and new sandles..which i wud have never bought otherwise..:D
7) DK is officially using my phone..now he can anytime attend my phone..n i dont need to shut my mouth when his parents call.. ;O)

Negative changes :(
1) All of sudden everyone is expecting us to grow up..
2) Its common assumption that i sud be a good cook and should be doing all cooking myself ( which i occasionaly experiment :( )
3) My relation ship with my parents slightly changed..:(( they call my hubby with more respect and expect me to do so.. Men!! he was my classmate only.. it look funny to call him aap.. lenge kahyenge..aayenge.. so whenever im talking with my parents.. there is lot difference while addressing the same person..
4) We have started caring for expenses and parents have stop.. That is very unlikely ..Always parents use to give lecture on saving money and now they only say "Kama kiske liye rahe hai " ( why are we earning..). And we say y are u spending so much........!!
5) Earlier i use to travel in bus and they didn't mind but all of sudden now they want me to travel in car only..!!!!!! they want me to buy a car.
6) Worst of all everytime i go home.. My parents do give gift or money to me and my hubby.. which i seriously hate.. For 21 years they had spent ther hard earned money on us.. Now its time to stop..

* Im not jealous..

11 Comments:

At 19 December, 2006, Blogger Thenraj said...

That is Life...

I used to think this one...

Till we are in college we are in the care of Parents and have to do what they want no individual preference.

After college Bachelorhood, thats the life one can enjoy in his life time.

Then Marriage, Take care of the wife. Do what ever she wants.

Then Children, Same as wife..

Only a few can get away with this cycle.

 
At 19 December, 2006, Blogger Thenraj said...

I wont mind using my parents money as they are earning for me only..i will do the same thing to my children...

 
At 19 December, 2006, Blogger Pritika Gupta said...

Thenraj.. Its like tht..i remember when i was child.. they use to sacrifice there needs to provide me luxury.. now its time to pay back.. We people now have our own expenditure..own kids.. so paying back is difficult.. and as time passes our parents get retired so there own source of money decreases.. so i want tht they use there saved money for there luxury..instead of still providing comfort to me.....

 
At 19 December, 2006, Blogger Thenraj said...

-Pratika,

Do you think paents care only for the kids?? they always think of themselves also..i wont say we have to be a blood sucking parasites always..

ok now, now just go and tell your parents dont earn, i dont need your money and just take rest..i will take care of you...they will be happy to hear that..but at the same time..they will tell are you thinking that we are not capable of earning now..this same happened to me when i told this thing to my father,he was furious..

When he asked me to look for a flat in my place and he will pay for that, i said no i will buy a flat on my own. he said you do that to ur children as i am doing it for mine.

 
At 19 December, 2006, Blogger Pritika Gupta said...

Thts wht im saying.. They never stop spending on us.. Even im not able to say no to them.. i tried so many times.. but they never listened.. its in our culture..its in our blood.. parents can never be selfish.. they are like tree who will continue to provide shadow to there kids.. im jsut trying to play my part now.. but dont even accept gift from me. :(

 
At 19 December, 2006, Blogger Thenraj said...

Indian genes are like that.... :-D

 
At 19 December, 2006, Blogger Pritika Gupta said...

Yep..!!!

 
At 20 December, 2006, Blogger angada said...

"i dont need to shut my mouth when his parents call"
Ha! Ha! Ha!

"*yenge"
umm....

 
At 21 December, 2006, Blogger chitra said...

ENJOY, dear. the roller coaster of marriage.

 
At 22 December, 2006, Blogger SCRIBBLEZ TO WAKEUP said...

Interesting changes...I was trying to mentally make up which all of these positive n negative sides apply to me as well :)

 
At 03 January, 2007, Blogger mommyof2 said...

LOL!!

One good thing about living abroad is that no pressure from family, friends or neighbors:-) There was time when we used to eat out 7 days a week without feeling guilty:-) And every time I used to say, thank God your parents don’t stay with us;-) Even now with 2 kids sometime we order take-outs for 2-3 continuous days without feeling any pressure:-)

I call hubby by name and I remember in the beginning when someone used to ask about him I always said “Voh theak hai or voh bahar gaya hai” and they used to feel that I should call him the Indian way (respectfully)..lol Yeah, first tell him to call me the same way too;-) Anyway I didn’t change and everybody got used to me calling him that way..lol! hey time has changed now so we should do things accordingly;-)

Don’t worry about growing up.. just have lots of fun until you decide to have kids cuz then you will grow up automatically.. So ENJOY:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home