Google

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Office Politics.....

No im not having much expeirience but when i saw my roommate crying because of his some stupid colleague...it reminded me of my first project... The project with each i started my career.. which at that time had stolen all the fun from my life.. which made me miss my collage life like ath...but after 1 year of creeping..if i look back i feel that that project had actually helped me in getting much mature to office environment....n prepared me for all kind of people...few things i learned are ---

hard working but weak are always over used..thou u got lot of praise from ur seniors but deep inside u never get feeling of satisfaction....

Never fear of appraisal..always be strong....if u r having guts and u know people need u...no one can harm u..

Always maintain PR - Public relations..there is no problem in putting in slight extra effort for it ..its worth..

Always be sure of urself... There is no use of taking tensions becoz of ur collegues or bose... if u r important they will definetly take care of u... if u r not important then anyways they are gonna screw ur appraisal..

Always remember - never have the feeling tht... without u, ur company wont be able to survive..At least in big organisations.. no one cares for u..and there is always gud oppurtunities outside...So dnt get sentimental..

U r married to ur family not to ur company....

And for gals specially.. never try to be super women.. trying to be gud at home as well as work... Understand ur limit.... other wise soon u will get tired...

I know i ve not learn ath new..but still.. i think i can handle some situations in better way.. i dont have any much expectations from my employer... i m not saying tht everyone is bad..I am very happy in my current organisation..with my current team... n being strong doesn't mean being rude... maintain PRs but one thing which is most important is u sud be satisfied at end of day.. Ur office environment should not harm ur home environment....

8 Comments:

At 31 May, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We try to become superwomen (especially Indian women, spoil our men by pampering them (whether son or husband).

 
At 31 May, 2006, Blogger chitra said...

It is nt super woman, i wd rather call it "Nirupa Roy Act"

 
At 31 May, 2006, Blogger Junius said...

i think pritika and saroj indeed have something in common!

 
At 01 June, 2006, Blogger Pritika Gupta said...

/endevourme..
not only me n saroj..ithink a ll working women have the same prob..
initially u spoil ur family.. lately expectation of both family n work increase thus tearing u into too..

 
At 01 June, 2006, Blogger Junius said...

#pritika
expections!
another heavy word for me :-)
i think i need few more years,
to understand all this...

 
At 08 June, 2006, Blogger rose said...

I think you are perfectly right in what you say..i have felt it too. However, I would slightly disagree with your first statement..i guess somewhere deep inside you, you do feel a sense of satisfaction and joy when inspite of your knowing that you are being over used, you still choose to help and work for others....
though it is a differnt story altogether when ur seniors take away the credit..!! but as long as ur seniors appreciate you..i think it is fine.

 
At 08 June, 2006, Blogger Pritika Gupta said...

/arathi.. ya u can say so..if u get some motivation to work hard.. n it doesn't screw ur personal n social life hen may be it is okie..

 
At 29 June, 2006, Blogger Ashish Gupta said...

haha... loved that superwoman point - gotta fwd. it to my girl ;)

most of the points are pretty personal - I mean the lessons vary from person to person, depending on their outlook of life & things.
hence no comments :|

 

Post a Comment

<< Home